1/19/2011

Frankenkit

Here is a kit that I built a couple of years ago - "Frankenkit"

The drums I used were :
14" X 6" Ludwig Supraphonic Snare
18" Remo Roto-Tom
14" Remo Roto-Tom
28" X 9" Ludwig? marching bass drum

I attached the Roto-Toms to the ride stand with various clamps. I had clamp on spurs for the marching band bass drum. I just used a snare stand for the snare. The idea was to create a kit that was easy to transport and easy to set-up and tear down. Instead, this thing was a bitch to move because of the odd sized bass drum. Set up and tear down took about 30-40 minutes. My experiment turned out to be a pain in the ass. This is probably the only good picture of Frankenkit.


On the up side, this kit sounded great! The extra large Roto-Toms had a depth of tone that the smaller ones can't even touch. The bass drum was a monster - sounded like a cannon. The Supraphonic snare was awesome and loud. I have since sold all of these drums and I am still kicking myself.

Two more views of Frankenkit :



No comments:

Post a Comment