6/04/2013

Crazy Mini Buffalo Kit!

Introducing the Crazy Mini Buffalo Kit!
8" snare, 10" tom and a 14" bass drum - all mounted to the snare stand.

Click here to see a video of me playing it.

It took a little wrangling with clamps to get the bass drum stable and positioned correctly. I'm no fan of muffling drums, but the 14" Buffalo drum was a little too pingy, so I put some foam in it. The foam really gives it a nice thud.

The tom sounds like a roto-tom and the snare is very dry and popcorny.

The whole thing weighs about 8 pounds - including the snare stand and clamps.

This would be a great kit for busking - super portable and it sounds great! I'm going to cut down some crappy hi-hats that I have to a 10" diameter - the 14" hats are just too loud for this tiny kit.

Front view:


Side view - look how shallow the shells are!

From the driver's seat:


A view of the clamps I used to attach the bass drum to the snare stand.
The black clamp is a rim-mount accessory clamp. The silver clamp is a post clamp.
I picked up the threaded rod at a hardware store for about a buck.



No comments:

Post a Comment