5/18/2012

The Little Monster

The Little Monster!! This kit is a 12" X 10" Peace tom with a snare basket mounted on top. I screwed some angle irons to a wooden box and then attached a piece of wood to the angle irons (to clamp the kick pedal on). I had to cut down a cymbal post to about 4 inches long to slide into the tom holder on top of the tom, in order to hold the snare basket (the basket post was too narrow for the tom holder.) The little bass drum is tuned wide open and NOT muffled for a big beefy sound. I'm delighted with how great The Little Monster sounds. The snare is, of course, my Buffalo snare, but any snare can be used. The hi-hat pedal is a tiny little kids hi-hat that matches this kit perfectly. The whole thing is 27" high by 12" deep by 15" wide, making it officially the smallest kit I've ever built. Here's what it looks like set up:

No comments:

Post a Comment